Title Insurance Knoxville, Tn
Our business is to protect you.
If you are considering title insurance in Knoxville, Tn, we have compiled some information for you. Your home is often the largest financial transaction you’ll ever make – our business is protecting the title to your property from unknown defects. Under the terms of your insurance policy, for a relatively low, one-time premium, you’re protected against covered losses that could cost tens of thousands of dollars. Dollar for dollar, an owner’s title insurance policy is one of the most cost-efficient forms of insurance for homeowners. Best of all, your one-time premium protects you for as long as you own your property.
How Title Insurance Works
As property changes hands, mistakes and irregularities – often made long before you expressed interest in the property – can place your ownership in dispute. The seller may have:
- Avoided disclosure of using the property as collateral for an unpaid loan.
- Fraudulently claimed to be the sole owner.
- Failed to pay real estate taxes.
Even a simple mistake in the recording of legal documents, improper execution of legal instruments or the reappearance of undisclosed or missing heirs could result in the loss of your home.
Important Reasons Why You Need Owner’s Title Insurance.
Your Policy May Cover:
- Fraud or forgery in the execution of a deed or other covered document
- Misinterpretation of wills and trusts
- Mental incompetence of a grantor of a deed
- Transfer of title by a minor
- Incorrect legal descriptions
- Non-delivery of deeds
- Deeds executed under expired or false powers of attorney
- Confusion due to similar or identical names
- Dower or curtesy or homestead rights of spouses of former owners
- Incorrect indexing of the land records
- Clerical errors in recording legal documents
- Delivery of deeds after the death of the Grantor
To the extent of your coverage under your potential title insurance policy, if ownership of your property is challenged, the title company will defend your ownership of the property – for as long as you own the property. Take advantage of the title company’s expertise, strength and superior service for your peace of mind and the protection of your property.