theHome Closing Tips Maryville Tennessee
Crossland Title, Inc. is fully committed to providing quality products and services to our communities. With more than 36 years of experience in the real estate and title agency business. Owners Pam Rice and Beth Crox have built their reputations upon the virtues of personal service and integrity. They believe that reputation as an honest and reliable business is the recipe for success. They have a knowledge base and support. The staff of Crossland Title, Inc. is more than capable of guiding each client through the myriad of issues surrounding a real estate closing. Crossland Title Inc. seeks the opportunity to continually earn your business. Trust our service driven, customer sensitive approach to the title industry.
What Happens Prior to the Closing of a Home?
There are several steps that need to take place in any real estate transaction prior to a closing appointment. Only after the following steps are completed will the closing take place:
- Finalize a purchase agreement.
- Approve a home inspection.
- Complete an appraisal of your home.
- Complete and approve the mortgage application.
Which Party handles Title and Closing Costs?
The responsibility for title and closing costs is negotiated as part of the real estate transaction. The responsibility will vary based on the individual sale. In most cases, the buyers and sellers will split the costs associated with the title and closing costs.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Closing?
- You need Identification at the closing: A government-issued identification card such as a driver’s license or a passport. In some cases, they require two different forms of identification.
- You may need Additional paperwork at the closing, such as proof of homeowners insurance, the results of a home inspection and other legal documents needed for the transaction.
- Bring Your spouse with you. They will need a form of identification from your spouse.
- Bring a cashier’s check to the closing in the total amount of the down payment and closing costs. Your mortgage lender will provide you the final amount prior to the closing, allowing you to prepare the check from the bank.
Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook.